Azena to host ESCON 2021 conference to explore innovation in AI video analytics
- Leaders from OMDIA, Novaira Insights, Prosegur, Siemens, Vivotek, Sensormatic, Milestone to discuss the role of analytics in future market direction
- Breakout sessions to focus on application development and project planning and implementation
- Azena experts to discuss advancements to open platform to enhance the delivery of innovative applications
Munich, November 24th, 2021 — Azena is announcing that it will host ESCON 2021, a free to all ecosystem conference for smart security stakeholders, on 2 December from 3-6 pm CET. Broadcast live from the BMW Welt, Munich’s iconic landmark, ESCON will bring together leaders in the AI video analytics space to discuss the future of Artificial Intelligence and IoT technologies in the security and safety industry.
"The potential of AI, IoT and video analytics and the influence on the security and safety industries has never been higher and will continue to shape how end users can leverage the data, generated by these technologies, to improve their business,” said Hartmut Schaper, chief executive officer of Azena. “We are most excited to hear from the participating industry visionaries and experts, as we explore the future ways of our open platform to deliver actionable operational intelligence."
Two breakout sessions will provide discussions geared toward project planning and implementation for end-users and integrators as well as for app developers looking for insights into creative methods for application development and sales. The winners of the 2021 App Challenge, which resulted in new solutions for transportation, stadiums, and infrastructure, will be recognized and key members of the Azena product and business development teams will provide updates on upcoming ecosystem and platform developments.
Guest speaker highlights include:
- Oliver Philippou, Research Manager - Physical Security, OMDIA, on the current state and future of video surveillance analytics, with insights into a shifting market and the trends shaping it for customers and suppliers.
- Josh Woodhouse, Lead Analyst and Founder, Novaira, on what role software-defined video surveillance will play in the evolution of the video surveillance market and the associated systems integration business.
- José Daniel Garcia Espinel, Global Innovation Director, Prosegur, on how to build a world-class security offering by using AI and IoT solutions to increase security operators’ efficiency and provide best in class security.
- Steve Ma, VP, Open Platform Business Division, VIVOTEK and VP and Chairman of Strategy Committee, OSSA, on capitalizing on the video revolution and combining best of breed hardware with an open platform approach to maximize value for customers.
- Lucas Adt, Business Development Manager, Sensormatic, on how AI video analytics supports retailers in improving both store performance and shopper experience.
- Werner Braun, Head of Portfolio Management, Siemens
- Keven Marier, Vice President Technology Partners, Milestone
For press inquiries:
Fabio Marti, Azena
Mobile +49 172 2497100
Andrea Gural, Eclipse Media Group on behalf of Azena
Mobile +1 207 233 7507
Azena operates an open IoT platform that connects camera manufacturers, SoC providers, application developers, VMS providers, and systems integrators. Its goal is to accelerate the speed of innovation for security cameras and applications that make use of AI and computer vision. To achieve this, the company offers a free and open operating system for security cameras, a development tool kit for app developers and a device management portal as well as an application store for integrators. Azena is headquartered in Munich, Germany, and has been on the market since September 2018.
Azena and BOSCH
Security and Safety Things GmbH, the legal company behind Azena, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH and is part of Bosch’s strategic development of new digital growth markets. In the future, Azena wants to continuously accelerate the expansion of its global ecosystem through external partners.
Bosch Group (Robert Bosch GmbH)
As a leading IoT company, the Bosch Group offers innovative solutions for smart homes, smart cities, connected mobility, and connected manufacturing. It uses its expertise in sensor technology, software, and services, as well as its own IoT cloud, to offer its customers connected, cross-domain solutions from a single source. The Bosch Group’s strategic objective is to deliver innovations for a connected life. The Bosch Group comprises Robert Bosch GmbH and its roughly 440 subsidiary and regional companies in 60 countries.
Topics: Press Release